Mobile App Vs Mobile Site
Are you modernising your medical practice by updating your traditional desktop website to a more user friendly mobile website? Perhaps you’re thinking of creating a mobile app, and you’re wondering what the differences are between mobile apps and mobile websites?
Chits UK – mobile app and mobile website developers, explain the advantages of both types of digital technology.
Features of Mobile Websites
- A mobile website has instant accessibility and can be viewed on a variety of mediums including iPhone, blackberry and tablets.
- A mobile website has the greatest degree of compatibility with various digital devices.
- The web browser can view many and varied mobile websites on their digital device. Website addresses can be effortlessly integrated into SMS and other mobile technologies.
- The user can make software updates to keep up with the latest in computer technology.
- Web pages and designs can be changed by the web owner at the click of a button.
- Mobile website addresses can be shared easily just by creating a hyperlink in an email, Facebook, blog or other forum.
- Mobile websites can’t be deleted by viewers, unless they own the site.
- Mobile websites are quick to build and cheaper to produce.
Features of Mobile Apps
- A mobile app does need to be downloaded first before it can be viewed but once downloaded it can be accessed even when offline.
- Mobile apps are more expensive and time consuming to build but they can be developed for a professional’s own specific needs.
- A mobile app has greater security than a mobile website because the user doesn’t need to connect to a network to use it.
- Mobile apps have a very fast connection speed – faster than website connection.
- With a mobile app you can make use of your phone’s features too, such as camera and GPS tracking.
- The owner of the map is able to ‘push’ messages and information to the user of the app
For more information about switching from a traditional website to a mobile friendly website or mobile app in your medical practice, talk to us. Chits UK, digital marketing specialists with expertise in professional healthcare marketing, design healthcare websites, develop medical apps, run campaigns for social media blogging and online advertising for surgeons, pharmacists, general practitioners and others in the health care sector.
When you call, we’ll set up a meeting with your personal consultant to find out what your aims are, and work out an efficient and affordable promotional campaign for your practice.